Ten Reasons to Volunteer for the Association
Ten reasons to volunteer in your Community Association.
- Protect your self-interests. Protect your property values and maintain the quality of life in your community.
- Correct a problem. Has your car been towed, or do you think maybe maintenance has been neglected?
- Be sociable. Meet your neighbors, make friends, and exchange opinions.
- Give back. Repay a little of what’s been done for you.
- Advance your career. Build your personal resume by including your community volunteer service.
- Have some fun. Association work isn’t drudgery. It’s fun accomplishing good things with your neighbors.
- Get educated. Learn how it’s done—we’ll train you.
- Express yourself. Help with creative projects like community beautification.
- Earn recognition. If you would like a little attention or validation, your contributions will be recognized and celebrated.
- Try some altruism. Improve society by helping others.
[Optional: Source: Community Associations Institute.]